Halloween 2017 💀

BOO 👻

Got you, didn't I??

Ok, maybe not but Halloween is always a fun time of year and this year was no exception.

As you grow older trick or treating turns into house parties, which turn into crazy night outs, the candy is substituted for alcohol and the 'mediocre' costumes exchanged for super creepy/super slutty versions of your Hollywood idols. Who said getting older isn't fun, hm?

I dressed up as Poison Ivy this year and actually put some effort into the costume, I had to order different parts from different websites, but it was better than buying a pre-packaged mess.

Anyway, as I have done for the last few years I went to VooDoo rocks in Angel on the Friday before Halloween (27th of October), it has four floors of metal/alt/rock music and a bouncy castle, ball pit, BBQ, Cinema Room, Karaoke etc.  It was definitely a fun experience but because of the lack of live music this year the turn out wasn't the best and it was actually quite sparse....I mean I got to go in the Ball Pit, Bouncy Castle and I didn't have to wait long to do Karaoke...! This NEVER happens. It's safe to say that I had a few drinks that night, mostly before we went out because I set up a nice little Halloween atmosphere to get us in the mood 💀 We had 'Witches Brew' punch and lots of snacks you've got to fuel yourself up before you go out!

In all honesty, I wasn't really in the mood for drinking but it was Halloween and all...I think it's my old age but I am honestly going off drinking altogether. Help.

Anyway, here are a few snaps from the night...and if you want to know what I sang on Karaoke it was 'Evanescence - Lithium' I'm normally okay with that song but...you know, I had a few drinky poos....

Sexy, right?

Shimmy Shimmy

Me and My friends in the Ball Pit
Trying not to fall on the bouncy castle....

So, after this I had a relaxed weekend and then on Tuesday (actual Halloween) I decided to decorate our living room and get my sister to create a pumpkin with me. We also did bobbing apples and some other fun activities!

The Living Room - Spooky Edition

The Beginning of the end

Pumpkin Rick

As you can see my sister is a fan of Rick & Morty so we decided to give Rick a go, I can assure you it looked a lot cooler in real life, but I was proud of our effort!

I also make some delicious Pumpkin Cookies which I will do a separate post for with the recipe attached.

We watched some TV and Halloween themed youtube videos and went to bed, it wasn't eventful but it was a lovely evening. 

How was your Halloween? What did you get up too?

I hope it was ghouuuuuuuud (that was a weak pun) I hope it was a spooktacular day. 

Fangs for reading! (they just get worse, run children, run) 👿 😈




No comments:

Sophie Ogden. Powered by Blogger.